[manjaro-dev] Static (non-rolling) option

Rob McCathie korrode at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 08:30:48 CET 2013

Hi Aaditya :)

If i'm running and hosting the project myself it'll be a one year release
cycle as that is, in my opinion, the best choice. Each year when the kernel
developers declare the next LTS kernel; just after that is when there'll be
a release (using said new LTS kernel).

If it were to be run from within Manjaro infrastructure obviously the final
say would be up to Phil/Roland/etc., i'd still be willing to commit to it
if the cycle was anywhere from 6 to 18 months.

IMO a 1 or 3 monthly release cycle kinda defeats the purpose, might as well
just roll.