[manjaro-general] [Stable Update] 2017-12-23 – Kernels, KDE-Apps, Cinnamon, Deepin, Xorg, LibreOffice

Manjaro Linux: Philip Müller jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Dec 23 08:56:15 CET 2017

[![system_software_update][1]][1]Hi community,

Normally you calm down a little in December, however it is a little busy for us getting Manjaro v17.1 ready before ending this year. So with this update you get new [install medias][2] to try out. Also we worked on improving our graphical installer and also ship the architect installer with our v17.1-rc2 medias.

We mostly worked on the network issue we had with the e1000e Intel driver for linux318, linux44, linux49 and linux414 kernel series. Also some JADE patches went into our new desktop environment. Cinnamon got usual updates, Firefox-Developer-Edition got added and VirtualBox got upgraded.

KDE fans will love the new [Apps v17.12][3]. Also we ship now [QT v5.10][4]. Calamares recognizes now [existing LVM volumes][5] and is able to install on them now. We fixed some small things in Mesa v17.3 and updated Haskell and Python as usual.

Remember,** we only continue with our 64bit architecture from now on**. Please adopt to [another distribution][6], if needed on 32bit supported systems, as you may not get any updates on that architecture from us.

Please report back and give us feedback for given changes made to our repositories.

kind regards

Philip Müller
_Manjaro Project Lead_

* * *

**Current supported Kernels**

  * linux316 3.16.51
  * linux318 3.18.89 [EOL]
  * linux41 4.1.48
  * linux44 4.4.107
  * linux49 4.9.71
  * linux412 4.12.14 [EOL]
  * linux413 4.13.16 [EOL]
  * linux414 4.14.8
  * linux415 4.15-rc3
  * linux-RT-LTS 4.9.68_rt60
  * linux-RT 4.11.12_rt16

**Package Updates** (Sat Dec 23 09:57:11 CET 2017)

  * community x86_64: 564 new and 456 removed package(s)
  * core x86_64: 41 new and 41 removed package(s)
  * extra x86_64: 801 new and 816 removed package(s)
  * multilib x86_64: 24 new and 24 removed package(s)

**Links**

  * [Talk about this update-pack in our forum][7]
  * [Download Manjaro 17.1-rc2][2]
  * [We are always happy for some support via a small donation][8]

[Tweet][9]

   [1]: https://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/system_software_update.png
   [2]: https://manjaro.org/manjaro-preview-releases/
   [3]: https://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-applications-17.12.0.php