[manjaro-general] Manjaro v17.1-rc2 released (G,K,X)

Manjaro Linux: Philip Müller jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Dec 23 10:29:46 CET 2017

Manjaro Gellivara was a great release! Now we are proud to announce **v17.1-rc2**, our hopefully last Release-Candidate for our new Release-Series Hakoila.

It took us a little to fix all issues we found so far in our development cycle of Hakoila. This new Release-Series offers a newer kernel, latest improvements to Calamares and our Architect installers.

**Gellivara** was the last edition of Manjaro Linux supporting 32bit Architecture. Read more about this decision [here][1].

Features of this updated release **Hakoila**:

  * Latest LTS kernel from linux414 series
  * Latest Xorg-Stack from v1.19 series
  * Latest Plasma5, Apps and Framework and QT
  * Updates to our graphical package managers
  * Enhancements and Improvements to our Manjaro Tools & Profiles
  * MHWD adopted a more efficient way to handle libglx binaries
  * Updated and new designed themes and styles
  * Updates on Calamares (see [changelog][2])

We hope you enjoy this release and let us know what you think of Hakolia.

kind regards, Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team

* * *

**Links**

  * [Download Manjaro v17.1-rc2][3]
  * [Talk about this release in our forum][4]
  * [We are always happy for some support via a small donation][5]

[Tweet][6]

   [1]: https://manjaro.org/2017/09/02/maintenance-phasing-out-i686-support/
   [2]: https://github.com/calamares/calamares/releases/tag/v3.1.11
   [3]: https://manjaro.org/manjaro-preview-releases/