[manjaro-general] Manjaro Budgie 15.11 released

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Mon Nov 2 01:00:00 CET 2015

![][1]

The Manjaro Community is proud to present our new Budgie Desktop Release. Budgie is designed with the modern user in mind, it focuses on simplicity and elegance. A huge advantage for the Budgie desktop is that it is not a fork of another project, but written from scratch with integration in mind. It tightly integrates with the GNOME stack, employing underlying technologies to offer an alternative desktop experience. Also note that Budgie can now emulate the look and feel of the GNOME 2 desktop, optionally, via a setting in the panel preferences.

This release is based on Budgie Desktop V8.3 (thanks to Ikey Doherty and dev team Solus for this stage version), this release includes all the benefit of Manjaro System and is ready for everyday use.

  * Kernel 4.1.x series LTS
  * Evopop Icon and gtk-theme
  * Libreoffice suite
  * Brasero
  * Isousb
  * Smplayer
  * Firefox
  * Thunderbird
  * Full support for AUR
  * Hexchat preconfigured for access to our IRC channel
  * Ready for easy printer setup
  * Installers Calamares, Thus and CLI
  * Dock **plank**

Kind regards

Stefano Capitani, Maintainer Manjaro-Budgie

* * *

## Links

  * [Forum post][2]
  * [Download here][3]