[manjaro-general] Old habits die hard ...

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Apr 25 13:31:46 CEST 2015

![][1]

Most of you guys are now on vacation due eastern. Well, having some free time I was able to do a little coding-marathon. Within the last 24 hours I was able to implement some new features into Thus …

**New features and enhancements**

  * LUKS support in advanced mode (manual partitioning)
  * Bootloader installation is now optional in all modes
  * PEPified code
  * Tweaked UI
  * Lot of string changes

What the heck? Thus is back? Well, Calamares is not so feature complete as Thus currently is. Sure we will have still some issues and bugs in this new rebooted graphical gtk/python installer. Old habits die hard …

This also means that we will do another 0.8.x release. You’ll get all the goodies we have planed for Bellatrix (except Calamares) into this Ascella release of Manjaro Linux.

This release will come with XFCE 4.12 and Plasma 5, linux318 kernel and all the usual Manjaro and upstream updates. So what do we need from you guys? Well, you can do this:

  * Get the latest [Manjaro 0.8.13 dev-build][2] and test it
  * Find issues and bugs in [Thus 0.8.13][3]
  * Translate [Thus 0.8.13][4]
  * Spread the word that we need your support …

kind regards Philip Müller, Manjaro Development Team

   [1]: https://manjaro.github.io/images/thus-0.8.13.jpg
   [2]: http://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarotest/files/0.8.13/xfce-minimal/
   [3]: https://github.com/manjaro/thus/tree/devel
   [4]: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/manjaro-thus/