[manjaro-dev] Kernel panic on updated kernels

R. W. Reese aguador at openmailbox.org
Mon Oct 24 11:49:40 CEST 2016

Hi,

I still have a Manjaro install on a 32-bit, non-PAE laptop. The update
of the two installed kernels, linux44 and linux47 produces a kernel
panic in both normal and fallback mode. I have successfully chrooted and
downgraded the Linux 4.4 kernel, but it is now hanging on man-db. I will
explore further this evening or tomorrow when I have time, but a quick
question: could the panic be a result of a PAE issue?

Thanks,
Roy

--

Roy W. Reese