[manjaro-dev] Kernel panic on updated kernels

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 12:18:15 CEST 2016

hi

I'm not positive if I'm experiencing this or not, but I've been having a
really hard time getting manjaro/sonar installed and working on my dell
precision m6700 workstation laptop. The flash drive containing the
latest stable image, 16.07 works fine, but when installed the system
boots until it reaches the dm (display manager) and then goes all black
and nothing else can be done with the machine. I've been going around
and around in circles trying to figure out what's going on. I use the
lts kernel, so linux version 4.4, but the flash drives uses kernel 4.6,
because I mistakenly thought that was the latest lts kernel. However,
the installed system used kernel 4.6 until I removed it and replaced it
with the lts kernel, and it wouldn't boot to the desktop either. It's
confusing.