[manjaro-dev] [dirtyCOW] please update kernels ASAP

Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Oct 22 22:41:16 CEST 2016

How many people use the RT kernels? Is it worth the effort supporting
three RT series in addition to all the 'normal' kernel series?

As I said in a previous post, we shouldn't be providing kernels that
aren't or can't be patched. If it's a choice between 1) a secure and
up-to-date kernel, and 2) meeting the needs of a niche group, we should
choose an up-to-date kernel.