[manjaro-dev] significant size jump in our sonar mate image

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Fri May 13 04:07:35 CEST 2016

hi all
I've just built an alpha mate image using manjaro-tools-git, which seems
to have fixed the efitools replacing prebootloader issue I reported. But
the image is now 2.2 gigabytes. The only thing I can think of that might
have done it is the replacing of prebootloader with efitools. Before
this change, the images were 1.8 gb in size. I checked and I haven't
added any software to our mate image since before this change occurred.
I'm not complaining, just curious what might have caused the size jump.
Does manjaro tools now generate it's own key and efi loaders? If you
guys have time, would someone mind looking into what might have caused
it? I'll of course keep looking in case there's some program I added
that I forgot about. This is not critical and can easily be put off if
you've other things to do.