[manjaro-dev] help needed with gnome's dconf settings

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Tue May 10 09:27:11 CEST 2016

hi all
Well, I seem to have done it again. We're in the alpha stage of our next
gnome and mate images, and the gnome dconf settings were a mess. Of my
own doing. The keyboard shortcuts didn't work and I tried to fix them. I
don't think I've made things worse but I haven't managed to fix things
either. Bernhard, when you have time would you mind at all looking at
them in desktop settings and either fixing them or telling me how to fix
them while I work on getting calamares accessible enough to switch over?
I tried to more or less copy the mate dconf settings but replacing  mate
with gnome, but I'm not sure that worked. The only thing that seems
broken are the keyboard shortcuts and the automatic timezone settings,
which thankfully work in the latest stable image. @teo, would you mind
looking at calamares' accessibility again? Launching it via polkit now
works, but orca still can't read the window. It can see a combo box, but
nothing inside that combo box and it doesn't know what the combo box is
called, and a button, which I assume to be the next button. My users are
tired of thus and my promises to switch over to calamares are getting
them excited lol. The only issue with thus is the freezing at the
keyboard layout screen I reported earlier but some of my users install
alongside other OSes, like windows or mac, and calamares can do this
better than thus can. If you need help, there's an orca list on gnome's
mailserver with lots of talented developers on it. Joanmeri diggs, the
lead developer of orca, is very knowledgeable and can probably help you
get calamares accessible quickly.