[manjaro-dev] my first package push attempt

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Tue Apr 19 21:18:27 CEST 2016

Am 18.04.2016 um 09:31 schrieb kendell clark:
> hi
> Well, I tried to push an update to the tintin-alteraeon package. I got
> some errors I didn't understand, so I didn't push. The errors were that
> sub repositories contained different packages. When I pressed d for
> details, there were steam packages, some kernel packages, and  few
> others. The last warning said I would overwrite 47 sync packages, and I
> had no idea what to do, so didn't continue. What do I do? I don't want
> to mess up other people's packages especially since I could do some
> serious damage if I don't know what I'm doing.
> Thanks
> Kendell Clark

Did you read the attached txt file I send in one of my emails. Those
warnings are just warnings and not to worry yourself. Also you can't
break anything. Simply push the package and check the outcome. Anyway
I'll get informed about any change. As long as you only add some stuff
but not delete any it is fine. Lets say, those warnings are normal.