[manjaro-dev] a couple of issues I need help with

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 08:29:26 CEST 2016

hi all
I'm just about to release new sonar gnome images since gnome 3.20 has
hit the repositories. However, I'm having a couple of issues I need help
with. Our sonar gnome settings package might need to be updated. Our
orca settings are not being used. Gnome also starts with accessibility
turned off. I can of course easily enable it with alt+windows+s, but
since sonar is an accessible distro it's supposed to come up talking.
Would it be possible to add a shortcut to launch a terminal like exists
in mate?  If so, it should be bound to alt+control+t so that it's
similar to mate. My last issue is hard to track down. With the release
of gnome 3.20, our gnome image jumped from 1.8 gb to 2.0 gb in size, and
the only thing I added was the tintin alteraeon sound pack, which, once
an update is pushed out will only take up 265k on disk. I hope I don't
sound like I'm complaining, I'm not at all. You guys do absolutely
fantastic work and sonar would nto exist without you. I'm just bringing
these up so they can get looked into, I've got some calamares bugs to
track down and fix. I want to personally thank bernhard and phil mooler
for their work on our gsettings stuff. You guys did some stuff that I
didn't even know could be done and you've made sonar look much more
professional as a result. We've changed how sonar is distributed. We
start out with alpha builds, which is the stage we're currently in., We
then move to beta after a couple of weeks. After a couple of more weeks
we move into the final stage, with an rc or two if there are critical
bugs, otherwise we move straight from beta to final release. I
instituted this after a couple of embarrassing bugs I should've caught
before release. That reminds me. The desktop icons don't seem to be
renamed in our gnome image. Sorry, I completely forgot about that one.
I'll check and see if copying the desktop items script into the desktop
settings for gnome has any effect.