[manjaro-dev] new sonar desktop settings update needed

artoo artoo at manjaro.org
Tue Jan 19 19:14:32 CET 2016

Hi all,

good news, we figured out gsettings schema overrides. I think this will
work without the need to deploy stupid binary dconf blob. Bernhard is
currently testing with cinnamon.

This should also be highly interesting for sonar profiles, they could
make extensive use of it.

Phil, the desktop items mechanism is provided by the little live skel
package.
Its basically a script in /usr/bin and a desktop launcher in autostart
that calls the script.
Should work with sonar too, my idea was to probably feed the little
script a list of items.
If item exists, it will be symlinked to the localized xdg Desktop
directory.
Atm the items are statically defined in the script.

Marcus