[manjaro-dev] Some want to build Manjaro-arm

dodgejcr dodgejcr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 06:42:58 CET 2016

Phil,

That is what I figured. Not being knowledgable on the dev status of
anything manjaro, I was unaware of any future plans or currently
working plans. I am happy to hear of the plans for a dedicated build-
machine that will support arm packages.

In the meantime, If it is okay with you and the other devs, Torei and I
would love to start now. We ideally want to do what you suggested and
piggy-back off of arch for a base as we port Manjaro tools and
packages.

Of course with our time, Torei a professor and I a wife, kids, job, and
full time student and work. I dont think the packages will be nearly as
updated as Manjaro. If nothing else, a good starting point for when the
dev team decides to adopt the project and move it forward officially.

We have all the means to conatain the preliminary builds in the
meantime.

Thanks,
--dodge