[manjaro-dev] Some want to build Manjaro-arm

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Sat Jan 2 06:53:54 CET 2016

Dodge,

it is always good to start somewhere. You can use our tool 'boxit'[1] to
grab the needed binary packages from Arch-Arm. You simply have to
install it on your server. On our end the repository server is based on
Ubuntu but should also work on Arch-based systems. However Roland didn't
document it really well, but should be strait forward.

It is always good to do a snapshot of Arch-Arm and work with that until
you have a working complete Manjaro. In the beginning it doesn't matter
how current those packages are. A locked base system if from the
developer point of view anyway better as a rolling one.

Then if you guys have a routine how to do stuff and some knowledge how
to port them, the next step would be to get a new snapshot and check
what went wrong or got broken.

Since we use 3 branches within the boxit server management you can snap
over the working branch to either stable or testing and do the scary
stuff in unstable at any time. A short documentation on how to operate
'boxit' I can provide, to setup I've to see as only Roland did the
administration so far by installing the server component on our machine.

At any time and if help is needed, simply contact me directly. And have
fun with it. Take all the time you need for this. For any further
starting pointer, feel free to bugger me ;)

greez
Phil

[1] https://github.com/manjaro/boxit