[manjaro-dev] accessibility package updates

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 10:24:22 CET 2015

hi all
 I'm writing in to let everyone know of new updates to some of the
packages bernhard has built for sonar. Emacspeak has been updated from
42.0 to 43.0. I attempted to fix this in the pkgbuild and push, but I
refuse to push a change that won't build cleanly, and I get an error
when building. The exact error is as follows. Install:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak/readme: permission denied. i've
never gotten this before and I'm stumped. I thought the packages were
built in chroots and then installed? THis is during the build process,
which means it's getting a permission denied error when trying to
install into the chroot. I have a request to make of whoever is managing
the brltty package for manjaro. Would you be willing to install
speech-dispatcher and espeak? You don't need to use them, but brltty
builds drivers for these into itself and is able to act as a console
screen reader if these are detected. There has been an update to the
tintin alteraeon pack. This brings up a question. How should we manage
git packages? The tintin pack is a git repository, and it would be way
too burdensome to expect a new version every push. How often should the
maintainer check for and update the package?
Thanks
Kendell clark