[manjaro-dev] accessibility package updates

Bernhard Landauer oberon at manjaro.org
Sat Dec 5 12:33:35 CET 2015

Hi Kendell!

When using the current PKGBUILD for emacspeak the reason for the error seems to be the prepare() function.
For me buildpkg throws this error:
install -d /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
install -d /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak
install: cannot change permissions of '/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacspeak': No such file or directory
Makefile:242: recipe for target 'install' failed

When you look at the PKGBUILD for emacspeak-git there are some little differences. It would take some more investigation to figure out what exactly needs to be changed in the PKGBUILD...
How helpful or important do you think the update to v43.0 is? We could either wait for the maintainer (who is also the maintainer of the git version) to update the pkg - maybe send him a comment on the pkg in the AUR to remind him?)
Or we could use the git version instead.

I'm not exactly sure about your question regarding brltty and the other pkgs. Should we simply add them as build-dependencies?

I will rebuild tintin-alteraeon.
We just need to know when there have been commits that you would like to have integrated or when a repo has a new release.
Another reasonable occasion would be that a dependency or related pkg would be updated. Like for example in this case when there would be a new release of tintin itself.

kind regards
Bernhard