[manjaro-dev] Error installing Manjaro

Josh Stephens bsdtux at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 16:22:13 CEST 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:16 AM, Josh Stephens <bsdtux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 15, 2015, at 5:29 AM, Teo Mrnjavac <teo at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> >> On Thursday, October 08, 2015 08:33:22 Josh Stephens wrote:
> >> Yeah I was able to get past this and use Thus to install. I will spin
> up a
> >> few virtualmachines and test on both XFCE and Cinnamon.

> didn't
> >
> > Calamares maintainer here. It doesn't seem to be a known issue. I'd be
> happy
> > to look into it and fix it, but I cannot reproduce the issue locally.
> >
> > It would help greatly if you could please try to reproduce this while
> running
> > Calamares in gdb, like so:
> > # gdb /usr/bin/calamares
> > then in the GDB shell:
> > start -d
> > if it pauses at the initial breakpoint, you can write "cont" to make it
> > continue, then finally, when it crashes, please do:
> > thread apply all bt
> > and paste the full output, either here or in a bug report at
> > https://calamares.io/bugs .
> >
> > Cheers,
> > --
> > Teo Mrnjavac
> > http://teom.org | teo at kde.org
>
> Ok I can try that tonight. I did use the img on another computer and it
> ran fine so it might be something with my laptop which is a dell latitude
> e7440

So I tried again last night and this time it worked. The only thing I can
come up with would be that I had used the usb stick to reinstall my other
manjaro system using the XFCE image so I had to re-download the Cinnamon
release and after booting it up and clicking on Calamares it worked right
away. Which to me would point to maybe a bad download.

Wish I had the old download to see what the checksum was on the image.