[manjaro-dev] Error installing Manjaro

Teo Mrnjavac teo at kde.org
Thu Oct 15 12:29:31 CEST 2015

On Thursday, October 08, 2015 08:33:22 Josh Stephens wrote:
> Yeah I was able to get past this and use Thus to install. I will spin up a
> few virtualmachines and test on both XFCE and Cinnamon.
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 3:15 AM, Philip Müller <philm at manjaro.org> wrote:
> > On 08.10.2015 01:52, Josh Stephens wrote:
> > > "/usr/lib/qt/qml")
> > > 23:39:16 [1]: Initial locale  "en_US"
> > > No layout variant specified on the command line
> > > Trailing -variant option ignored
> > > 23:39:17 [1]: xkbmap selection changed to:  "us" - ""
> > > 23:39:17 [0]: QFileInfo::absolutePath: Constructed with empty filename
> > > terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
> > >
> > >   what():  std::bad_alloc
> > >
> > > [manjaro at manjaro ~]$
> >
> > Weird error message indeed. Cinnamon is a community edition, so I didn't
> > test it. Can you try any other release like XFCE or KDE? Else you can
> > try to use Thus, which should work. btw. the bugtracker is located at:
> > https://calamares.io/bugs

Calamares maintainer here. It doesn't seem to be a known issue. I'd be happy
to look into it and fix it, but I cannot reproduce the issue locally.

It would help greatly if you could please try to reproduce this while running
Calamares in gdb, like so:
# gdb /usr/bin/calamares
then in the GDB shell:
start -d
if it pauses at the initial breakpoint, you can write "cont" to make it
continue, then finally, when it crashes, please do:
thread apply all bt
and paste the full output, either here or in a bug report at
https://calamares.io/bugs .

Cheers,
--
Teo Mrnjavac