[manjaro-dev] Qt frontend for pamac ?

Guillaume Benoit guillaume at manjaro.org
Sat Mar 7 11:09:33 CET 2015

Hi,
I'm the developer of pamac, a package manager based on libalpm.
Maybe you don't know but it's not only a gtk frontend, the big part of
pamac is a dbus daemon which perform every tasks like searching
packages, searching updates or perform transactions with authentication
through polkit.
I think this daemon is mature enough to support multiple frontends.
So I'm writing to ask if you would like to work on a qt frontend for
pamac and/or a merge of pamac/octopi for the backend ?
I'm not involved in Qt/C++ so I can't do it without help but I'm sure a
unified backend for alpm can be a benefit for everyone.
Regards,
Guillaume.