[manjaro-dev] Fwd: Odd behaviour of Manjaro live

philm at manjaro.org philm at manjaro.org
Fri Mar 6 12:28:43 CET 2015

Do we have any input on this one?

-------- Originalnachricht --------
Betreff: Odd behaviour of Manjaro live
Datum: 2015-03-06 11:37
Von: "Juan Sanllehy" <jsanllehy at linuxmail.org>
An: support at manjaro.org

Dear Sirs,

I have trying to see what the new versions of Manjaro look like.
Since this laptop can't virtualize 64 bits software (Cheap Toshiba
Bios), I tried to add an entry in GRUB 2.
  GRML didn't work, so I modified 40_custom and everything worked fine.
(Find attached file).
The odd thing is that the only version that works is
MANJARO-XFCE-0.9.0-PRE2-X86_64.ISO .
manjaro-xfce-0.9.0-pre3-x86_64.iso, manjaro-xfce-0.9.0-dev-x86_64.iso or
even the last stable version 8.12 , load the iso and once the desktop is
opened, the cursor remains stuck at the center of the screen and the
desktop is absolutely frozen. Even Alt SysReq + REISUB is useless, the
laptop has to be powered off via physical switch.
I think this is a good method to test Manjaro, since as I said, 64 bit
virtualization is impossible in this laptop.
The grub entry seems to be good, since all versions open their
respective desktops, but only one doesn't freeze it.
At start there is a "Failed to start remount root and kernel file
systems" message. This is very general, but as said, once the frozen
desktop appears the only possible action is physical switch off.
Any suggestion to correct this?. I found nothing similar in the forums.
i'd like to congratulate you for your excellent work. Manjaro is the
faster and friendlier distro I've tested.

Thank you in advance

Best regards.

  Juan Sanllehy

  Sent from a not Apple device.