[manjaro-dev] next pacman

Guillaume Benoit guillaume at manjaro.org
Fri Dec 5 15:50:07 CET 2014

As some of you already know, pacman 4.2 should be released this month.
I already worked on porting pamac to this new version because it comes
with some API changes.
I also worked on an idea I had now I know better pacman an libalpm
concerning SyncFirst option.
Manjaro comes with a custom version a pacman with a revert patch to
continue to use SyncFirst even if it has been deprecated by pacman
developers. The only reason is to update manjaro-system package first to
perform some actions before the real update.
I propose a 30 lines patch to replace syncfirst patch which permits two
things:
-- avoid the usage of syncfirst option in /etc/pacman.conf
-- auto update manjaro-system package first when required and continue
the transaction with the need to relaunch pacman.
To allow you to have an idea I join a PKGBUILD with the new patch.
This a first version of the patch, I you have some idea to improve, tell me.
What do you think about it ?

Guillaume.