[manjaro-dev] manjaro-dev Digest, Vol 5, Issue 13

thehands at internode.on.net thehands at internode.on.net
Thu Dec 12 15:56:48 CET 2013

 My previous post got somewhat truncated for some reason, probably due
to my using bold font style in places.

 I'll post it again below (slightly amended), then I'll leave this
topic alone.

 I have something to say on this point number 2:

 "2. Cancel your wiki and encourage those fresh faces to further
improve the Arch one and discourage learned helplessness."

 It is my understanding that one of the prime considerations
concerning the content of the Manjaro wiki, is that it be written in a
fashion that new GNU/Linux users can understand. The ArchWiki is not
written in that fashion, it expects the user to have some experience
with GNU/Linux & also to know how to search for anything that they
don't know about a topic, be the search within their wiki (where it is
policy not to duplicate information) or elsewhere.

 If I went over to the ArchWiki, using my wiki editing privileges
there & started rewriting their pages to suit those who are new to
GNU/Linux, I would have my work removed ">"and discourage learned
helplessness" is the kind of statement that I would expect from
someone who has no compassion for those less knowledgeable, skilled &
experienced than themselves. It is "that" all too common heartless
attitude that turned me off Arch in the first place. That attitude
which is held by some in the Arch community is, I think their biggest
failing.

 I'll add that such an attitude is not held by the majority over
there, but it is unfortunately too common.

 Anyway, that's it for me on this one. Thank you all for all of your
hard work in making Manjaro what it is. :)