[manjaro-dev] LXDE

Carl Duff cdrw2400 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 13:16:59 CET 2013

Hi Rob,

No offence taken at all; good to get honest feedback and opinions. Keep it
coming.

My thinking behind ressurrecting LXDE is:

* Provide a newcomer-friendly version of Openbox (there is a lot of
interest in Openbox from forum newcomers, so this could prove to be a nice
"first step" for them)
* LXDE profile needed to be updated anyway
* More choice for users (XFCE, Openbox, and soon LXDE and KDE, totalling
4). LXDE has its own fan-base, too.
* Won't take too much time or resources to fix or maintain (with the
exception of my fondness for endless tweaking)
* I enjoy doing this sort of thing. Also improves my skills to work with
other DEs.

I'll fix the profile, at least. Then we can all decide whether to make it
an official release or just leave it as an updated ISO profile.
Could look at making Cinnamon official, too.

Carl