[manjaro-dev] [Xorg] X.org X-Server 1.15 around the corner and what it means

Rob korrode at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 20:40:44 CET 2013

The thing is, it's not really a "Linux wide" issue, the only people
affected are the leading/bleeding edge rolling releases, of which there
aren't many and big companies like AMD and nVidia care less about.

Also, IMO any type "it'll also affect Arch" argument in regard to catalyst
driver is moot, because Arch does not officially support catalyst (it got
pulled from their main repos and kicked to AUR years ago), but it is
officially supported in Manjaro .

I don't deny my opinion is probably quite biased though, considering my
belief is that bleeding edge software and the rolling release system is a
bad choice for novice Linux users.