[manjaro-testing] Today was an update of death for my openrc desktop.

Peter Maloney peter.maloney at brockmann-consult.de
Thu Oct 15 22:59:31 CEST 2015

Today was an update of death for my openrc desktop.

On boot, important modules would not load automatically... they would
only load if I put them in mkinitcpio.conf (video driver, network
driver, etc.). And if I manually added them so it would start X, then X
would start looking quite normal, but keyboard and mouse would not work.
ctrl-alt-f1, and even sysrq, ctrl+alt+del didn't work.... wth. ssh from
another machine works.

Also it overwrote /etc/conf.d/hostname setting the hostname to
localhost, and the new version had no /etc/init.d/net.lo which means
/etc/conf.d/net doesn't work any more for openrc style static networking.

Switching to the stable branch didn't change anything... they have the
same packages. Reverting to the previous eudev and openrc packages fixed it.