[manjaro-security] Network Manager possible security issue

Gundul gundul at umail.one
Tue Jul 21 08:59:10 CEST 2020

Dear All,

I do not know who and how to contact your team, so I take my chances.
Running a Wireshark capture, I discovered that Network Manager is regularly contacting archlinux.com, but OUTSIDE the VPN connection !!!
Please see attached the screenshot of the capture.

I know the regular connection is informed / described here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NetworkManager

but it is never mentioned that the system will override the user VPN.
It means it is leaking private data without user consent.

If you are not the correct persons to receive this message, could you please let me know to whom I should send it ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Gundul
Linux 5.7.9-1-MANJARO - KDE