[manjaro-mirrors] Bulgarian Mirror to be created

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Wed Feb 3 20:33:02 CET 2016

On 03.02.2016 16:18, Nikola Yanev wrote:
> Hi Phill, i am in negotiations with some companies in Bulgaria of creating
> Bulgarian Manjaro mirror an i need answers of some questions like:
> What is the data storage, which is going to be synced
> How many times per day /stable, testing, unstable/
> And can you send me the link from which the mirror should sync
> Thanx in advance.
> Nikola Yanev

Hi Nikola,

thx for the offering. All the needed information can been found in our
wiki[1]. We are at around 50 GB. Minimum of 80 GB is recommended, since
we might have bigger rebuilds, which might double our space need
temporally. 100 GB or higher would be better. As an example see also
this[2].

We have one Master-Server based in Germany all of our Tier1 servers sync
from. Some of our Tier1 servers offer rsync services, so you can sync
from them as Tier2 server. To be a Tier1 server you need to be
whitelisted on our Master-Server.

The Mirror-maintainer can decide how often he wants to sync our
repositories. We have a service[4] for our users to check if their
currently used Mirror is out of date. It varies a lot. We have sync-rate
from 5 minutes up to once a day.

How often we change the packages depends on our development cycle.
Sometimes we add new packages in minutely, hourly or daily[5]. All
packages will land in a pool we link our branches to. So you won't have
double files on your Mirror. Simply check the server structure of one of
our Mirrors or compare the example size print on the wiki page.

I hope this helps you further. Thx for willing to support us.

kind regards

Philip Müller
Manjaro Project Lead

[1] https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Manjaro_Mirrors