[manjaro-general] new homepage

Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon at manjaro.org
Thu May 17 20:46:04 CEST 2018

Hi Márton,

On 17/05/18 17:58, Márton Szabó wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am curious about when do you plan to deploy the new homepage?

I don't think there's a timescale for it.

> The current webpage is quite old-fashioned (as if it was 5-8 years ago).

I don't think any of us are web designers, and making the site pretty
isn't a high priority. ;)

I don't think anyone would mind if someone put together a modern design
and made it available e.g. in a git repo.

> When will the new homepage project accept translations? Will it be translated using Transifex, or pull requests? How many other things are there to do before it can be translated?

I suspect this would depend on what tools can be used for translation
and how the "new" page design can be contributed to; I assume Transifex
can be connected to e.g. a GitHub repo somehow?