[manjaro-general] [Stable Update] 2018-04-14 – Kernels, Gnome v3.28.1, Deepin, Mate, Libreoffice, Browsers, Mesa

Manjaro Linux: Bernhard Landauer jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Apr 14 23:50:30 CEST 2018

[![system_software_update][1]][1]Hi community,

welcome to another **stable update** of Manjaro. It took us a little longer than usual to get this update-pack fully tested.

Our main focus was **GNOME 3.28**, which is the result of 6 months’ hard work by the GNOME community. It brings some major new features as well as many smaller improvements and bug fixes.

One major new feature of this release is automatic download of operating systems in **Boxes**, which takes the work out of creating and running virtual machines – just pick the operating system that you want to create a virtual machine of, and Boxes will now download and install it for you.

![][2]

Other highlights include improvements to the Calendar and Contacts applications, the ability to star files and folders in the **Files** application, and improved support for **Thunderbolt 3** and **Bluetooth LE** devices. GNOME’s **default UI font** has also been overhauled to be more attractive and easy to read, and the **on-screen keyboard** has been rewritten to be more reliable and has layouts for a number of different locales.

![][3]

There are many other improvements in GNOME 3.28, which can be read about in the [release notes][4].

The **Deepin Desktop** also received a lot of package updates including some important bugfixes, namely some rather serious issues with cpu load of **deepin-dock** and **deepin-daemon** were fixed.
Additionally we updated **Pamac**, **Mesa**, our **kernels** and **browsers**, [**LibreOffice**][5], **GStreamer**, **PHP**, **Calamares**, **Inxi**, **Haskell** and **Python** to mention a few … Also **linux417** got added for our brave beta-testers to play around.

If you already want to test the latest features of the upcoming Manjaro release **Illyria**, you may checkout our **Alpha releases**:

  * [Manjaro XFCE v18.0a2 ISO][6]
  * [Manjaro GNOME v18.0a2 ISO][7]
  * [Manjaro KDE v18.0a2 ISO][8]

![][9]

Our effort and all the needed information about the new security risk can be found [here][10].

So please report back and give us feedback for given changes made to our repositories. Users of our 32-bit Distro should read [this][11].

kind regards

Philip Müller
_Manjaro Project Lead_

* * *

**Current supported Kernels**

  * linux316 3.16.56
  * linux318 3.18.105 [EOL]
  * linux41 4.1.51
  * linux44 4.4.128
  * linux49 4.9.94
  * linux414 4.14.34
  * linux415 4.15.17
  * linux416 4.16.2
  * linux417 4.17-rc0
  * linux-rt 4.14.29_rt25

**Package Updates** (Sat Apr 14 07:30:05 CEST 2018)

  * stable community x86_64: 1361 new and 1310 removed package(s)
  * stable extra x86_64: 931 new and 1023 removed package(s)
  * stable multilib x86_64: 43 new and 46 removed package(s)

A detailed list of all package changes can be found [here][12].

**Links**

  * [Talk about this update-pack in our forum][13]
  * [Download Manjaro 17.1.7][14]
  * [We are always happy for some support via a small donation][15]

[Tweet][16]

   [1]: https://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/system_software_update.png
   [2]: https://www.gnome.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/contacts-and-calendar-768x428.png
   [3]: https://www.gnome.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/osk-768x335.png