[manjaro-general] Nvidia card does not output video to hdmi monitor

Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon at manjaro.org
Wed Feb 14 12:39:29 CET 2018

On 14/02/18 04:41, Victor Silva wrote:
> I`ve tried to seek for help on the forums here
> <https://forum.manjaro.org/t/cannot-manage-to-have-a-external-monitor-and-laptop-display-working-at-the-same-time/40320/8>

"Tried to" as in are currently getting responses from several people?

The forum is the primary support route, and given there are several
people trying to help you there, it's probably a good idea to wait and
see where that goes before diluting people's efforts over multiple media.

> . Does any of you has such setup working?

I have an Optimus-enabled laptop running bumblebee (intel+nvidia) with
internal and external displays (both VGA and HDMI), so yes.

> I could only manage to have
> either the external or the laptop monitor to work not both.

Given that you said "I had it working before" I suspect you have messed
up your driver configuration. Instead of trying to fix this by
downgrading kernels you should get back to a working default configuration.

But let's continue this in the active forum thread.