[manjaro-general] Nvidia card does not output video to hdmi monitor

Victor Silva vfbsilva at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 05:41:07 CET 2018

Hi guys I`m facing an issue with my dell i15-7567-a30p laptop. I want to be
able to use an external monitor to it via an hdmi conection. In windows it
works out of the box (meaning the card, the cable and the monitor are oki)
problem is on manjaro. I could only manage to have either the external or
the laptop monitor to work not both. I need a mirroring no dual screen.
I`ve tried to seek for help on the forums here
<https://forum.manjaro.org/t/cannot-manage-to-have-a-external-monitor-and-laptop-display-working-at-the-same-time/40320/8>
and it caught my attention that kernels older than 4.10 would not even list
my hdmi output. So I downgrade to 4.9.79-1 and now the hdmi card is listed:
HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)

But I still cannot manage to proper output video to it. I got the idea to
downgrade the kernel from here
<https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=224731> but except from that
I'm clueless.

My card is using the video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-bumblebee for the intel and
nvidia devices. Does any of you has such setup working?

Regards,