[manjaro-general] [Xorg] MESA with libglvnd support in unstable

Manjaro Linux: Philip Müller jonathon at manjaro.org
Sun Mar 19 17:52:27 CET 2017

[![system_software_update][1]][2]Hi community,

some of you might have noticed that we started to work on a new way to have **mesa** and the **nvidia** driver **installed side-by-side without any libgl/libglx hacks**.

This we managed with two steps:

  * First step was to remove the libglx symlinks with current xorg-server package and associated mesa/nvidia drivers through the removal of various symbolic libgl links. It was a tough moment because it was breaking optimus system, xorg-server configuration needs manual updating.
  * The second step is now here, with an updated [10-nvidia-drm-outputclass.conf][3] file that should help to have an "out-of-the-box" working xorg-server experience with optimus system.

However, some drivers might not work. This might be **Catalyst** and the **Nvidia-Legacy** drivers. Therefore we need you, the community members to [give it a shot][4] and support us by giving us the needed feedback to fix it for you. Therefore please join our [unstable branch][5] and help us out finding a proper setting.

We will assist you when needed and guide you to get your system back up running, as you may loose your graphical session.

kind regards,
Philip Müller and the Development Team.

   [1]: https://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/system_software_update.png
   [2]: https://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/system_software_update.png ([Xorg] MESA with libglvnd support in unstable)