[manjaro-general] Is Speakup included in Manjaro Desktop adition?

Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon at manjaro.org
Sat Mar 18 20:46:22 CET 2017

On 18/03/17 19:38, Douglas Lawlor wrote:
> I'm just wondering if Speakup is included for consules other than the X consule?

It looks like something related is available to install:

$ pacman -Ss speakup
community/espeakup 0.80-1
    Allows the Speakup screen review system to use the ESpeak synthesizer.
community/espeakup-openrc 20170309-1 (openrc-accessible)
    OpenRC espeakup init script
community/speakup-utils 3.1.6-3
    Tiny utilities for controlling the Speakup screenreader

$ pacman -Ss speak
community/espeak 1.49.0.r696.g96e34565-1
    Next generation open source speech synthesizer based on Espeak (git
version)
community/gespeaker 0.8.6-1
    A GTK+ frontend for espeak and mbrola to speech the read text.

You should be able to test whether this will do what you need via the
Live CD.

Regards,

Jonathon