[manjaro-general] Manjaro Linux 16.08-pre1 released
jonathon at manjaro.org
Sun Jul 24 02:00:00 CEST 2016
More than a month passed and it seemed to be a little calm around **Manjaro Linux**. Behind the curtain however we worked hard to get ready for our next **stable release** we will call **Ellada**.
Our **KDE edition** gained **Plasma 5.7**, **Framework 5.24** and **Apps 16.04**. We struggled much with **QT 5.7**, which changed the handling of **GTK theming**, however this we were able to solve more or less. Our **Manjaro Settings Manager** gained some apperance fixes for low resolutions and updated translations. Within **Pamac** we fixed some smaller issues, updated drivers, kernels and regular packages.
Our graphical installer comes now in version **v2.3** which adds **End2End luks encryption**. Also following changes are to mention:
* A long standing and hard to debug issue with occasional unwanted resize operations being executed got fixed
* A partitioning module configuration option for showing partition labels in the manual partitioning interface got added
* support for NVME devices in fstab got improved
* mke2fs and e2fsck handling, which fixes a multitude of random (but not very frequent) install failures got much improved
* A type to search support in the keyboard module got implemented
* A partitioning module configuration option for selecting the default filesystem type got added
* Countless other bug fixes
As we now managed to get our **SSL certificates** and the **main homepage** is back online, we need the community to help us out with our **Beginners Guide**, as we strongly need a new section which describes how to use **Calamares** for installing **Manjaro** in different situtations as our graphical installer supports now.
Please test also this release thru and thru and give us needed feedback.
Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team
* * *
* [Download Manjaro 16.08 (Preview 1)]
* [Talk about this release in our forum]
More information about the manjaro-general