[manjaro-general] Manjaro Linux 16.08-pre1 released

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Sun Jul 24 02:00:00 CEST 2016

![][1]

More than a month passed and it seemed to be a little calm around **Manjaro Linux**. Behind the curtain however we worked hard to get ready for our next **stable release** we will call **Ellada**.

**Overall changes**

Our **KDE edition** gained **Plasma 5.7**, **Framework 5.24** and **Apps 16.04**. We struggled much with **QT 5.7**, which changed the handling of **GTK theming**, however this we were able to solve more or less. Our **Manjaro Settings Manager** gained some apperance fixes for low resolutions and updated translations. Within **Pamac** we fixed some smaller issues, updated drivers, kernels and regular packages.

**Calamares**

Our graphical installer comes now in version **v2.3** which adds **End2End luks encryption**. Also following changes are to mention:

  * A long standing and hard to debug issue with occasional unwanted resize operations being executed got fixed
  * A partitioning module configuration option for showing partition labels in the manual partitioning interface got added
  * support for NVME devices in fstab got improved
  * mke2fs and e2fsck handling, which fixes a multitude of random (but not very frequent) install failures got much improved
  * A type to search support in the keyboard module got implemented
  * A partitioning module configuration option for selecting the default filesystem type got added
  * Countless other bug fixes

As we now managed to get our **SSL certificates** and the **main homepage** is back online, we need the community to help us out with our **Beginners Guide**, as we strongly need a new section which describes how to use **Calamares** for installing **Manjaro** in different situtations as our graphical installer supports now.

Please test also this release thru and thru and give us needed feedback.

kind regards

Philip Müller and the Manjaro Development Team

* * *

## Links

  * [Download Manjaro 16.08 (Preview 1)][2]
  * [Talk about this release in our forum][3]

   [1]: https://manjaro.github.io/images/Ellada.jpg
   [2]: https://manjaro.org/manjaro-preview-releases/
   [3]: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/first-preview-of-manjaro-ellada-released/6254