[manjaro-general] selective system upgrade

message letter at openmailbox.org
Tue Apr 5 12:17:35 CEST 2016

Readers,

The command below was issued:

pacman -Syu
:: Synchronising package databases...
  core is up to date
  extra is up to date
  community is up to date
:: Some packages should be upgraded first...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (1) manjaro-system-20160301-1

Total Download Size:   0.02 MiB
Total Installed Size:  0.00 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages ...
  manjaro-system-2016...    15.9 KiB  44.5K/s 00:00
[######################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring
[######################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity
[######################] 100%
[######################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts
[######################] 100%
:: Processing package changes...
(1/1) upgrading manjaro-system
[######################] 100%

:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: freetype2 will be installed before its harfbuzz dependency

Packages (391)...

I don't want to upgrade everything, because the system works now, I
don't like the constant upgrade culture and am happy with it (newer is
not necessarily better for everyone). Is it possible to upgrade only
selected parts of the manjaro system? For example, I see no value in
upgrading abiword, I'm happy with the version installed now.