[manjaro-general] Manjaro Mate 15.12 preview1 released

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Sun Nov 8 01:00:00 CET 2015

![][1]

Here I present the first Manjaro Mate 15.12 preview. On a part I want to slow it down and follow more Manjaro development. This iso contains the Mate-Desktop 1.12. This desktop has a lot of improvements under the skin.

Hightlights:

  * Fixes and improvements for GTK3 support across the entire MATE Desktop including GTK 3.18 support.
  * Touchpad support is significantly improved and now features multi touch and natural scrolling.
  * Multi monitor support has been improved so the display settings use output names and the revised UI lets you set the primary monitor.
  * The power applet now displays model and vendor information so you can distinguish between multiple battery powered devices.
  * Improved session management which now includes screensaver inhibition while playing media.
  * MATE now listens to the org.gnome.SessionManager namespace.
  * Extended systemd support.
  * Long standing bugs and many little usability paper-cuts were fixed.
  * For example, panel applets are no longer reordered when changing screen resolutions.
  * Translations updated and a number of components now retrieve strings directly from gschema (requires intltool 0.50.1).
  * Dropped support for win32 and osx.

More info can been found in the [release announcement of MATE][2].

Package based highlights

  * Libreoffice-still
  * Mate & Mate-extra (GTK2 version)
  * Firefox & Thunderbird
  * Vertex & Vertex-icons

I also tried to make the ISO a bit lighter, but still it comes with 1.4gb and 1.5gb in size. Using abiword & gnumeric would bring it down a bit, but people don’t want these alternatives, so it is LibreOffice.

**Unstable** branch was used to create these install medias. Please give us feedback and report any issues with this release.

kind regards Ringo de Kroon, Manjaro Development Team

* * *

## Links

  * [Download here][3]
  * [Forum post][4]