[manjaro-general] Manjaro JWM Edition 41015 released

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Mon Oct 5 02:00:00 CEST 2015

![][1]

The Manjaro community is proud to present a new Manjaro JWM Edition installation media.

JWM (Joe’s Window Manager) is a lightweight stacking window manager for the X Window System written by Joe Wingbermuehle. JWM is written in C and uses only Xlib at a minimum. Configuration is by editing an XML file - no graphical configuration is supplied.

To make it much easier to use this window manager, Holmes from Manjaro Brasil decided to create another nice install media for Manjaro Linux. It features our well-known tools and graphical interfaces in a mix of fresh artwork from our community.

Features:

  * 4.1 LTS Kernel
  * JWM 2.3.2
  * 32bit version RAM footprint is now just **107MB RAM**
  * 64bit version RAM footprint is now at **147MB RAM**
  * Compton
  * .jwmrc file got reworked
  * Reorganization of menu, tray, start, theme, keys, groups and preferences
  * Pale Moon as webbrowser
  * XChat
  * LXMusic
  * Scrot
  * i3lock
  * JWM Thin Blue and GTK ME1 themes
  * Icon Ultra Flat theme and RezoWhite mouse theme
  * LightDM
  * New Collection of wallpapers
  * cbatticon
  * Calamares as graphical installer
  * Dunst
  * Scripts for AUR, printing, firewall, JDK, Multimedia, etc.

Updates:

  * Pale Moon (replaced Firefox)
  * SpaceFM (replaced SpaceFM-Gtk2)
  * New conky
  * README_Manjaro_JWM_Edition.pdf updated
  * JWM updated

* * *

## Links

  * [Forum post][2]