[manjaro-general] Manjaro-i3 0.8.13.1 released

Manjaro Linux jonathon at manjaro.org
Tue Aug 4 02:00:00 CEST 2015

![][1]

The Manjaro Community is proud to present our new i3 Edition.

## New features and enhancements

  * The new release has become even more resource friendly and boots up with **>150MB RAM**
  * available with both init systems Systemd or OpenRC, both 64bit and 32bit
  * **customization and config** now mostly achieved with packages that can easily be updated in the future: **i3status-manjaro**, **dmenu-manjaro** (recency- and terminal aware and mouse-interactive)
  * new fancy and lightweight **Conky**
  * new **i3exit-script** and **i3lock** replacing light-locker, added **switch-user** function, **blurlock** and **Xautolock**
  * added preconfigured **Hexchat**
  * **Dunst** for notifications
  * **Alsa**-audio with **Volumeicon**
  * **Xarchiver-gtk2**
  * tweaked configuration for **urxvt** and **Compton**
  * a bunch of **console utilities** and **AUR-building-tools** (base-devel) are included
  * lots of other new little features, tweaks and enhancements in the **i3 config**

![][2]

As usual, this release comes with our advanced graphical installer **Thus** aswell as our **CLI-installer**. Default kernel is **linux318**. **Stable** branch was used to create these install media. Please give us feedback and report any issues with this release.

kind regards Bernhard Landauer, Maintainer i3

* * *

## Links

  * [Download here][3]
  * [Forum post][4]