[manjaro-general] download repository

Ismael L. Donis Garcia slibre at citricos.co.cu
Tue Jan 13 17:39:47 CET 2015

First of all greetings to members list

I am relatively new to Linux. So far I have only used Debian. But in the
wake of the discussion about systemd I started to look for other linux
distributions and I found this.

I then wanted to download the repository so that it can install and test at
home, since from it I have no access to the Internet.

Therefore my question rookie is:

How to download from Debian repository Manjaro and be able to have updated?

The purpose is podermelo wear to my house on an external drive and thus keep
trying this distribution of Linux, which from what I've read it I think I'll
be glad of it, besides allowing me to be gaining more knowledge on linux.

>From already thank you and sorry for any inconvenience this may cause them
newbie. Perhaps the question for you is very simple, but I have tried
several ways to download the repository from debian and always gives me
error.

root at clt_iyc_03:/mnt/datos/instalaciones/linux#
rsync -arv --exclude-from="/mnt/datos/instalaciones/linux/exclude.txt"
rsync:http://mirror3.layerjet.com/manjaro/stable/
/mnt/datos/instalaciones/linux/manjaro
ssh: Could not resolve hostname rsync: Name or service not known
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(605) [Receiver=3.0.9]
root at clt_iyc_03:/mnt/datos/instalaciones/linux#

Best Regards from Cuba
========
| ISMAEL |
========