[manjaro-general] Update-Pack 6 is online now!
Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: philm
jonathon at manjaro.org
Sun Aug 10 10:16:46 CEST 2014
[![system_software_update]]I'm happy to present our sixth Update-Pack for Manjaro 0.8.10!
Some might already noticed that Archlinux moved on to the xorg-server 1.16 series. Manjaro on the other hand will hold back and **keep xorg115 a little longer**. We noticed some bad regressions with the new xorg version, so to be stable we use our own xorg-stack from now on. We might merge back with Arch when we think it is stable enough to use again.
Beside this decision **we updated our kernels** once more and fixed samba for security reasons. The coding language gambas3 got another great point-release. With Libreoffice-fresh you can install the latest **LibreOffice 4.3.0** to your Manjaro box. We still recommend to keep the current version instead. **Cinnamon** got updated to **2.2.14**, which fixes some issues we had. **KDE Framework** got pushed to **5.1** which offers more stability and functionality.
Other than that, we have regular upstream updates and rebuilds by Archlinux.
Please report any issues you may find.
* * *
If you have issues with Rob McCathies (korrode) signature, try this:
sudo pacman-key -r 5C0102A6
sudo pacman-key --lsign-key 5C0102A6
If you have issues with Joshuas Strots (dcell) signature, try this:
sudo pacman-key -r CB6CDD17
sudo pacman-key --lsign-key CB6CDD17
* * *
**Current supported kernels**
* Linux38 188.8.131.52
* Linux310 3.10.51
* Linux311 184.108.40.206
* Linux312 3.12.26
* Linux313 220.127.116.11
* Linux314 3.14.15
* Linux314 3.15.8
* * *
* community i686: 317 new and 304 removed package(s)
* community x86_64: 314 new and 302 removed package(s)
* core i686: 28 new and 28 removed package(s)
* core x86_64: 28 new and 28 removed package(s)
* extra i686: 316 new and 314 removed package(s)
* extra x86_64: 316 new and 314 removed package(s)
* multilib x86_64: 19 new and 19 removed package(s)
* * *
* [Talk about this update-pack in our forum]
* [Fixing libgl linkage]
* [Fixing font issues in java applications]
* [Fix issues with MariaDB
* [Get KDE working again after MariaDB update
* * *
: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/system_software_update.png (Update-Pack 6 is online now!)
More information about the manjaro-general