[manjaro-general] Manjaro 0.8.11-Pre2 is online now (XFCE, OB, KDE & NET)

Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: philm jonathon at manjaro.org
Wed Aug 6 22:25:32 CEST 2014

[![manjaro-0810-thus][1]][2]Hi community! We present to you our second preview of Manjaro 0.8.11 based on our fifth update-pack we justed released to our stable branch. We updated our kernel to **Linux 3.14 LTS** and use the **latest MESA** release with latest free and proprietary drivers. Also you find our latest graphical tools we develop to get Manjaro easier to be managed with a few mouse clicks. Also we worked on octopi and pamac. Mostly you will notice our **new theme for our KDE Edition** with this release cycle. Test it and tell us if you still find some issues with it.

[![manjaro-kde-0811p1-3][3]][4]With **Manjaro Settings Manager 0.2.3** we offer you an enhanced kernel and graphic driver management experience. We will notify you about newer drivers and kernels, tell you when you run an unsupported kernel or new language packages are available. Other nice and needful user interfaces will come to our settings manager soon.

[![manjaro-openbox-0810rc1-2][5]][6]As office suite we ship now calligra in our KDE Edition and LibreOffice with our XFCE Edition. On our Openbox Edition you can choose with the help of Turbulence which office suite you want to install. **Based on** our **stable branch** everyone can test Manjaro 0.8.11. If you have time, please [download our new install medias][7] and test them on your hardware, virtual machines to find issues we still might have missed.

kind regards

Philip

   [1]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/manjaro-0810-thus-300x183.png
   [2]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/manjaro-0810-thus.png (Manjaro 0.8.11-Pre2 is online now (XFCE, OB, KDE & NET))