[manjaro-general] Problem with Virtualbox Guest Additions

Rolf Edlund rolfewise at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 14:43:18 CEST 2014

> On 02/08/14 12:41, Rolf Edlund wrote:
>>> Hi Rolf,

Hi Jonathon! (sorry missed that before)

>>> What are you trying to achieve with VirtualBox? It might be easier to
>>> start from what you're trying to do. :)
>>
>> I'm trying to install virtualbox, so that I can try other Linux dists.
>> Before Manjaro, I was a Debian user. So eg. now I whant to check
>> Debian Testing. Or openSUSE, or Fedora.
>>
>> ( I'm still a Swede :)
>>

> OK, so you install the Guest Additions in the guest OS, not in the host

Aha, is that what I shall do. I installed
linux312-virtualbox-guest-modules it in the (Manjaro) host OS.

> Manjaro. If you are looking for the Guest Additions .iso image, you need
> to install virtualbox-guest-iso:
>
> $ sudo pacman -S virtualbox-guest-iso

So when I am testing Debian-testing.iso in VB under Manjaro, I shall
install virtual-guest.iso in Debian-testing. But when shall I use
linux312-virtualbox-guest-modules ?

And what about virtualbox-guest-dkms ?

What packages do I need to install, and where (host/guest OS) ?