[manjaro-general] Manjaro Enlightenment Edition 0.8.9.1 RC1 is available

Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: Manjaro Team j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 23:01:20 CET 2014

We're happy to announce this first release candidate of the rebooted Manjaro Enlightenment Edition.

[![enlightenment-18-clean][1]][2] Our community Enlightenment edition has been without a full time maintainer for a while and this showed in our 0.8.9 release. This new release has been given some needed attention and is in better shape. Please test it and report any issues.

[![enlightenment-18-busy][3]][4]We want to ensure those interested in running Enlightenment on Manjaro get an out-of-the-box experience that is exemplary of Enlightenment's beauty & functionality, and is of the quality that has come to be expected from Manjaro releases. Although some of our team have stepped up for this task presently, we are still looking for a capable Enlightenment user to take over long-term maintenance of the edition. If you have good technical skills and are interested, please contact our development team.

Note this is a release candidate that uses the Testing branch.

**Prominent Packages:**

  * Linux 3.12.14
  * Enlightenment 0.18.5
  * Elementary 1.9.1
  * EFL 1.9.1
  * Pamac 0.9.8
  * MSM 0.1.3
  * Connman 1.21
  * EConnman 1.1
  * Ecrire 0.1.0-git
  * Ephoto 0.1.1-git
  * Firefox 27.0.1
  * VLC 2.1.4
  * Mesa 10.1.0

A special thanks goes out to **Agust** from our artwork team for the theming selection, and to **AJSlye** from our community for various hints and tips.

Kind regards,

**Rob McCathie**
_______________________________
Manjaro development team

**Links:**

  * [Download Manjaro Enlightenment 0.8.9.1-rc1][5]
  * [Talk about this release][6]

* * *

   [1]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/enlightenment-18-clean-300x175.png
   [2]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/enlightenment-18-clean.png (Manjaro Enlightenment Edition 0.8.9.1 RC1 is available)