[manjaro-general] 2nd Release Candidate of Manjaro XFCE 0.8.9 available!

Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: philm j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 19:05:42 CET 2014

[![manjaro-xfce-0.8.7][1]][2]I'm happy to announce our second release candidate of Manjaro XFCE Edition.

With this release we have updated our XFCE edition and fixed the known bugs from our last release candidate.

We focused again on thus, the graphical installer, fixed issues regarding UEFI installations, updated our partitioning engine and speeded up the installation process.

Pamac 0.9.7 got added which has followed changes:

  * Enable/disable AUR support
  * Change pamac-tray refresh period
  * Remove unrequired deps (recurse option: -Rs)
  * Edit settings via pamac-manager/updater GUI
  * Add a 'view history' entry in pamac-manager menu
  * Add AUR support to pamac-install script (if enabled in pamac.conf)

This build is based on our **stable branch**, so everybody can safely test and report back any issues by using followed command in a terminal:

    thus -dv

This way, any problem will be recorded and can be easily reported to us.

**Changes in Thus**

  * Fixed resizing in language slide
  * Fixed parted issues in advanced mode
  * Fixed GUID partition table creation in advanced
  * Fixed UEFI support
  * Fixed swap partition detection in advanced mode
  * Fixed swapoff in advanced mode
  * Fixed myhomepath in partition_module
  * Fixed verbose error messages
  * Fixed umount issue in auto_partition
  * Added home dir to automatic mode
  * Added a logging message when an unknown exception is thrown in installation_process
  * Added encfs for home-dir encryption: pam_encfs is needed
  * Luks and lvm in automatic mode is now enabled
  * Modified grub installation
  * Reordered slides: language > location > check > timezone > keymap > ask > (automatic, alongside, advanced) > user_info > slides
  * Mount source squashfs only when not already mounted
  * Use 'sudo -E' directly in thus script
  * Keyboard layout generator added
  * Advanced mode should detect now all supported filesystems properly
  * Proper btrfs support
  * An active swap partition can prevent the creation of new partitions
  * It is possible to use unformatted root - we have a warning
  * Add DiskLabelException
  * Now disks is a tuple (disk, result). We can create disk labels in unformated hardisks
  * Open Arch-Wiki when Grub-Installation failed
  * Show needed mount points to continue in advanced mode
  * Disable boot device selection in uefi systems
  * Users can now select the partitions to install grub in advanced installation
  * Removed backported chroot code from live-installer (old python2 code)
  * Code cleanup, optimatizion and restructure
  * Updated translations

**Package Updates**

  * Linux 3.10.28
  * Mesa 10.0.3
  * Gstreamer 1.2.0
  * LibreOffice 4.1.4
  * MHWD 0.3.2
  * Catalyst 13.12
  * Nvidia 331.38
  * Xorg Server 1.15.0
  * libdrm 2.4.53

For suggestions we are always open. Give us your feedback so Manjaro 0.8.9 will be even better than every release we did before!

kind regards

Philip Müller
_Project lead_

* * *

Links:
[Download Manjaro 0.8.9 RC2 (XFCE i686 and x86_64)][3]
[Discuss this release in our forum][4]

   [1]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/manjaro-xfce-0.8.7-300x221.png
   [2]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/manjaro-xfce-0.8.7.png (2nd Release Candidate of Manjaro XFCE 0.8.9 available!)
   [3]: https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarotest/files/0.8.9/rc2/xfce