[manjaro-general] 1st Release Candidate of Manjaro XFCE 0.8.9 available!

Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: philm j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 15:15:15 CET 2014

[![manjaro-xfce-0.8.7][1]][2]I'm happy to announce our first release candidate of Manjaro XFCE Edition.

With this release we provide two different install medias. XFCE Edition includes all common applications you expect with your XFCE desktop. XFCE Minimal Edition on the other hand fits on a CD. Only necessary applications got added, so you can build up your installation to your needs.

We focused again on thus, the graphical installer, fixed issues regarding UEFI installations, updated our partitioning engine and speeded up the installation process.

This build is based on our **stable branch**, so everybody can savely test and report back any issues by using followed command in a terminal:

    thus -dv

This way, any problem will be recorded and can be easily reported to us.

**Changes in Thus**

  * code cleanup and restructure
  * added home dir to automatic mode
  * fixed resizing in language slide
  * fixed parted issues in advanced mode
  * added a logging message when an unknown exception is thrown in installation_process
  * added encfs for home-dir encryption: pam_encfs is needed
  * fixed GUID partition table creation in advanced
  * fixed UEFI support
  * luks and lvm in automatic mode is now enabled
  * removed backported chroot code from live-installer (old python2 code)
  * modified grub installation
  * reordered slides: language > location > check > timezone > keymap > ask > (automatic, alongside, advanced) > user_info > slides
  * fixed swap partition detection in advanced mode
  * fixed swapoff in advanced mode
  * mount source squashfs only when not already mounted
  * fixed myhomepath in partition_module
  * fixed verbose error messages
  * use 'sudo -E' directly in thus script
  * some strings got updated
  * keyboard layout generator added
  * code optimizations
  * advanced mode should detect now all supported filesystems properly
  * proper btrfs support
  * updated translations

**Package Updates**

  * Linux 3.10.27
  * Mesa 10.0.2
  * Gstreamer 1.2.0
  * LibreOffice 4.1.4
  * MHWD 0.3.2
  * Catalyst 13.12
  * Nvidia 331.38
  * Xorg Server 1.5.0
  * libdrm 2.4.52

For suggestions we are always open. Give us your feedback so Manjaro 0.8.9 will be even better than every release we did before!

kind regards

Philip Müller
_Project lead_

* * *

Links:
[Download Manjaro 0.8.9 RC1 (XFCE i686 and x86_64)][3]
[Discuss this release in our forum][4]

   [1]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/manjaro-xfce-0.8.7-300x221.png
   [2]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/manjaro-xfce-0.8.7.png (1st Release Candidate of Manjaro XFCE 0.8.9 available!)
   [3]: https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarotest/files/0.8.9/rc1/