[manjaro-general] Manjaro KDE 0.8.9 Preview available
Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: Manjaro Team
j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 14:28:18 CET 2014
[![manjaro-kde-0.8.9pre1]]Hi, my name is Demiray, the KDE maintainer for Manjaro. This is the first preview of my KDE edition for Manjaro 0.8.9, getting released in early Spring this year.
With this release I tried to adopt the optical style of our XFCE edition. **Kfaenza** icons were chosen to match the icon set of XFCE. A new wallpaper gives this edition a pleasant look. Window decoration changed to **Air Black Remix Green**. **OxyGreen** as new color scheme in combination with **VioletPastel** as the new desktop theme rounds this new look of **KDE 4.12** up.
Josh's Turbulence - dcell is modifying a version for Openbox also - can be expected in my next build.
In this testbuild, we hope that we have fixed all known issues we had in thus. Please start **Virtualbox** and create with GParted any possible filesystem and partition option available and try to break thus' advanced mode.
This build is based on our **unstable branch**, so everybody who wants to test, should use this install media and report back any issues by using followed command in a terminal:
This way, any problem will be recorded and can be easily reported to us.
**Changes in Thus**
* code cleanup and restructure
* added home dir to automatic mode
* fixed resizing in language slide
* fixed parted issues in advanced mode
* added a logging message when an unknown exception is thrown in installation_process
* added encfs for home-dir encryption: pam_encfs is needed
* fixed GUID partition table creation in advanced
* fixed UEFI support
* luks and lvm in automatic mode is now enabled
* removed backported chroot code from live-installer (old python2 code)
* modified grub installation
* reordered slides: language > location > check > timezone > keymap > ask > (automatic, alongside, advanced) > user_info > slides
* fixed swap partition detection in advanced mode
* fixed swapoff in advanced mode
* mount source squashfs only when not already mounted
* fixed myhomepath in partition_module
* fixed verbose error messages
* use 'sudo -E' directly in thus script
* some strings got updated
* keyboard layout generator added
* code optimizations
* advanced mode should detect now all supported filesystems properly
* proper btrfs support
* updated translations
**Changes in KDE Edition**
* updated to KDE 4.12
* reworked style
* thus has now the same style as in our other editions
* lighter package selection
* Linux 3.10.25
* Mesa 10.0.1
* Gstreamer 1.2.0
* LibreOffice 4.1.4
* MHWD 0.3.0
* Catalyst 13.12
* Nvidia 331.20
For suggestions we are always open. Give us your feedback so Manjaro 0.8.9 will be even better than every release we did before!
kind regards and best wishes for 2014!
* * *
[Download Manjaro 0.8.9 Preview (KDE i686 and x86_64)]
[Discuss this release in our forum]
: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/manjaro-kde-0.8.9pre1.png (Manjaro KDE 0.8.9 Preview available)
More information about the manjaro-general