[manjaro-general] Manjaro Openbox 0.8.9 Preview available

Manjaro Linux | Manjaro Linux: Manjaro Team j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 09:42:46 CET 2013

[![Manjaro-Openbox-0.8.9][1]][2]Hi, my name is Dan. I'm the new maintainer of Manjaro Openbox Editions. This is the first of my builds for Manjaro 0.8.9, getting released in early Spring next year. You can expect almost the same stuff as you got from Carl Duff.

I tried to keep his work as much as original as I could. I also tried to make it more comfortable for our community and fixed some issues we had with our last stable release.

I'm now working on the "fat" release - Evolution - featuring dcells Turbulence (dcell is modifying a version for Openbox). Hoping to have a test build of Evolution for you by Weds. night.

In this testbuild, we hope that we have fixed all known issues we had in thus. Please start **Virtualbox** and create with GParted any possible filesystem and partition option available and try to break thus' advanced mode.

This build is based on our **unstable branch**, so everybody who wants to test, should use this install media and report back any issues by using followed command in a terminal:

    thus -dv

This way, any problem will be recorded and can be easily reported to us.

**Changes in Thus**

  * code cleanup and restructure
  * added home dir to automatic mode
  * fixed resizing in language slide
  * fixed parted issues in advanced mode
  * added a logging message when an unknown exception is thrown in installation_process
  * added encfs for home-dir encryption: pam_encfs is needed
  * fixed GUID partition table creation in advanced
  * fixed UEFI support
  * luks and lvm in automatic mode is now enabled
  * removed backported chroot code from live-installer (old python2 code)
  * modified grub installation
  * reordered slides: language > location > check > timezone > keymap > ask > (automatic, alongside, advanced) > user_info > slides
  * fixed swap partition detection in advanced mode
  * fixed swapoff in advanced mode
  * mount source squashfs only when not already mounted
  * fixed myhomepath in partition_module
  * fixed verbose error messages
  * use 'sudo -E' directly in thus script
  * some strings got updated
  * keyboard layout generator added
  * code optimizations
  * advanced mode should detect now all supported filesystems properly
  * proper btrfs support
  * updated translations

**Changes in Openbox Edition**

  * apapted Culinax's post-install script to work with Manjarobox.It comes with lots of choices.
  * removed Parcellite and Synapse, as they can now be added via post-install script.
  * added darknessFall theme (now default)
  * manjaro-green mouse hovers
  * Color change of LXterminal output to Manjaro green.
  * Moved Tint2 to bottom layer, to avoid open windows from getting "stuck" underneath panel
  * new backgrounds and Slim theme from dcell
  * added obmenu icon generator to obmenu (click to install)
  * added Midori

**Package Updates**

  * Linux 3.10.25
  * Mesa 10.0.1
  * Gstreamer 1.2.0
  * LibreOffice 4.1.4
  * MHWD 0.3.0
  * Catalyst 13.12
  * Nvidia 331.20

For suggestions we are always open. Give us your feedback so Manjaro 0.8.9 will be even better than every release we did before!

kind regards and best wishes for 2014!

Dan
_Openbox Maintainer_

* * *

Links:
[Download Manjaro 0.8.9 Preview (Openbox i686 and x86_64)][3]
[Discuss this release in our forum][4]

   [1]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Manjaro-Openbox-0.8.92-300x221.png
   [2]: http://manjaro.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Manjaro-Openbox-0.8.92.png (Manjaro Openbox 0.8.9 Preview available)
   [3]: https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarotest/files/0.8.8/0.909/