[manjaro-dev] scaling problems in Manjaro

Große-Brauckmann info at grosse-brauckmann.de
Mon Dec 21 11:07:21 CET 2020

Hi,

I announced a scaling problem in different forums, e.g. de.manjaro.org,
forum.kde.org, wayland ... but I never got a solution. Also I searched a
lot in other Internet forums. Never found an answer. This is why I
contact you as the developers.

I am using KDE Plasma Desktop 5.20, Manjaro Kernel 5.9 and a 4K Monitor
plus a Notebook monitor. But the problem was also similar with the XFCE
desktop I used temporarily before. Also I changed temporarily from X11
to Wayland but the problem keeps always the same. Due to all of the
combinations I tried out, I believe it is a Manjaro problem itself.

If I use the scaling function in the system settings in KDE, e.g. 150%,
a lot of applications do scale. But some still do not, even downloaded
from the official repository. They stay so tiny that is /very very/
difficult to read them. For example, but there are many more
applications / programs like these:

- applications running on WINE
- Dia UML program
- Yed GraphicEditor
- et cetera

Thanks for your respond. If you can take care of this problem or tell
me, if I can do something on my side, I would be happy.

Manjaro Linux is a very good OS, but there are still a few big lacks.

Best regards

Rulinux (User in de.manjaro.org)

Ruediger Grosse-Brauckmann
M. Eng.

Buchenstreet 8, 85250 Altomuenster, Germany
Mobil: 0049-(0)151 41258506
info at grosse-brauckmann.de <mailto:info at grosse-brauckmann.de>

**