[manjaro-dev] [Calamares] release of v3.1.1 around the corner?

Philip Müller philm at manjaro.org
Fri Jun 16 11:08:34 CEST 2017

Hi Adriaan,

I followed the master branch and released a lot of updated Calamares
(CAL) packages for Manjaro during the v17.0.2 release cycle. The current
code[1] seems to be just fine. On my end I cherry-picked only needed
patches[2]. However, the PEP-fixes are also good to have.

Is there any roadmap to a v3.1.1 release? As of now, I only see it as a
bugfix release so far. No need to start a v3.2 series.

Since Teo used Manjaro as a testbed and went good with it in the past, I
can also offer, to keep you in the loop when a new ISO would be ready.

With the KDE edition we try to keep it stable and also provide the
latest code. When needed, I release development releases of our ISOs on
regular basis including the manjarofied CAL.

Teo wrote a script to compile CAL directly in live-session. That helped
him to find issues before tagging the next stable release. Maybe you
had/have a talk with him about it.

I also hope, to support CAL and you as I did with Teo in the past. I'm
always open for ideas and suggestions. So far, CAL seems to be again in
a good shape.

kind regards, Philip

---

[1] https://github.com/calamares/calamares/compare/v3.1...master